An intermediate to Senior PHP Developer
We are passionate about what we deliver to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced and versatile developer with strong PHP and SQL database skills, as well as experience with APIs and REST services.
This is an opportunity to join a well-established organisation and work on innovative, server-side aspects of large-scale, customer-centric, interactive projects.
You will have an eye for modern interface and interaction design and experience developing accessible sites or applications which feature such things. Develop a robust underlying system to support highly-designed interfaces.
While this role is oriented toward the back-end of development, you'll be experienced in both client- and server-side technologies and you'll understand how to integrate the two using modern frameworks, practices and web standards.
At Chrometoaster you would liaise with cross-functional teams to understand core server/cloud layer requirements and recommend and implement solutions that follow best practices.
You will also work closely with our front-end engineers, Information Architects, UX designers, project managers and also collaborate directly with our clients.
Your background and experience:
- A mastery of PHP and SQL primarily
- Experience with APIs, REST services, AJAX etc.
- Ability to write efficient, scalable, secure, per formant and reusable code
- Experience working with CMS platforms and frameworks such as SilverStripe, Drupal, Symfony, Laravel. We work mainly with SilverStripe.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Intimate knowledge of DVCS — we use git
- Familiarity with front end stack — HTML5, CSS3 and MVC frameworks
- An understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
- Years of industry experience; a few war stories wouldn't go amiss
- A qualification in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Good time management and proactive communication skills
What it's like working at Chrometoaster:
- An ego-free, environment where your input is valued
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours and conditions
- Projects that make a difference to people's lives
- A talented team to learn from and contribute to
- A working environment that is relaxed, friendly and fun
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! Please contact Nina Spence at email@example.com