Wellington Institute of Technology
WelTec is Wellington’s largest and most diverse polytechnic.
WelTec’s legacy website performed the roles of student 'attraction', as well as offering support for current students, and provided staff and corporate information. The result was confusing messaging and unfocused content and navigation.
WelTec's new site was designed and developed to resolve key challenges:
- Get on the devices prospective students are using.
- Make it as easy as possible for WelTec to start a conversation.
- Stand out in a crowded tertiary education market.
- Reduce ‘false’ leads (i.e. enrolments that were really enquiries).
- Match prospective students’ mental models, to present the information they need.
- Digitise the WelTec brand.
We architected, designed and developed a responsive website to support student attraction. In doing so, we helped WelTec translate their existing brand and campaign marketing identities to the online space to promote their diverse offering, practical focus, impressive student support services and facilities and their personal touch.
WelTec’s student attraction platform, developed mobile first and with a modular content focus, presents key course information in digestible chunks at the right time so prospective students can immediately start to compare options, and make choices.
This prerequisite ‘priming’ of enrolling students has increased the quality of enrolment applications and reduces administrative overhead.